Thursday, June 23, 2011

Weekend Warrior

The definition of a weekend warrior is up to debate but basically it means someone that participates in an activity, mainly on the weekends.  Do you ever think of yourself as a weekend warrior?   I do and it's a great thing but it can cause a problem when you have time to be creative and productive but you just don't.  I know I feel like a lazy pile of crap, and I bet you do too.   Are you familiar with this water cooler conversation:
friend "What did you do this weekend?"
you "Not much, went out on Friday night, watched some TV, ran some errands.  That's about it..."
Once you have actually verbalized your lack of achievement, you feel awful that you didn't really do anything.   Running errands and doing laundry do not count as being productive at an activity you are passionate about.
Soon we will be able to reply:  "I had an awesome weekend, I went to The Dirty Nails Club and met some cool new people, played some Foosball, learned how to restore an antique piece of furniture, then I actually restored one!"
Now that's the reply of a Weekend Warrior.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I think you are speaking to most of us (Americans) with this one...

    ReplyDelete